Who are Warmworks and how can they help you?
Warmworks is committed to promoting affordable warmth, increasing the energy efficiency of the homes and communities in which we work and consistently delivering a first-class service to the households and families that we support.
Since 2015, Warmworks has been the Managing Agent of the Scottish Government’s national fuel poverty scheme, Warmer Homes Scotland. We have also recently started work on a range of new contracts and initiatives across the country.
We have already helped more than 20,000 homes across Scotland to become warmer, healthier and more energy efficient. Our focus now is to play our part in the long-term drive to reduce carbon emissions and increase the availability of accessible, sustainable energy in an equitable, responsible way.
What we do
- Warmworks carried out surveys and installed and inspected energy-saving improvements in every local authority area in Scotland in the last year
- We are currently running an innovative project to install domestic battery storage in fuel poor homes off the gas grid, an initiative that could help to transform the way people use their energy at home
- Six of the 22 sub-contractors registered with Warmworks are located in island communities, providing a local service as part of a national delivery network
- We have now created 132 apprenticeships across our national supply chain of installers and manufacturers; future-facing roles that will provide training opportunities and additional skills
- We started the delivery of another new pilot project that is designed to help householders (many of whom are using gas central heating) across Scotland to have renewable heating systems installed, helping to provide insights as to a low carbon future
- More than 3,000 inefficient or broken boilers have already been replaced with brand new, energy efficient systems
- More than 5,216 TCO2 has been saved this year as a result of the energy-saving improvements installed, such as a gas boiler or loft insulation. These improvements will continue to deliver those CO2 savings every year throughout their lifetime, which will be up to 25 years.
We are committed to genuinely local delivery and to growing a sustainable supply chain. Click here to find out more about how our work is helping to create jobs, promoting new skills and building foundations for the future.
We care about our customers and we keep them at the heart of everything we do. Click here to find out more about our approach to helping customers become warmer, happier and healthier in their homes.