At Warmworks, local communities are at the heart of everything we do
In delivering the Warmer Homes Scotland scheme, we place great importance on community benefits and sustainability; recognising the vital role that local communities and partners play in both supporting and benefitting from the scheme.
Over the first five years of our service delivery, our commitment is to:
- Enhance employment & training – creating over 700 specific opportunities across the whole country
- Support communities with tailored approaches that suit their needs – operating across 32 regions prioritising the most vulnerable homes
- Work together with key partners and our supply chain – building a network of over 80 trusted organisations that can support one another
- Deliver real added value – for example launching hardship funds, finding placements for young people & more
- Co-ordinate our approach to managing and maximising benefits – using a transparent system that reports what we actually do
Our work in this area encompasses a five-year Communities Strategy and an Employment Skills Plan with fixed targets on work placements, apprentices, jobs and training across our whole supplier network, which is independently monitored and supported.
To achieve our aims, we establish strategic partnerships with trusted intermediaries, and raise the profile of our work by attending a range of events, workshops and meetings.
As part of our commitment to local communities, we have an environmental management system in place that will reduce our environmental impacts and promote sustainable development within our business. As an ISO:14001 accredited business, we are proud to lead by example in minimising any negative impact to the environment from our operations.
Our new Green Team is also taking forward new initiatives to reduce our impact on the environment – watch this space!