We care about the communities in which we work and live, and we recognise that we have a responsibility to make our commitments about more than just words.
In delivering the Warmer Homes Scotland scheme and our other projects, we monitor and report on a wide range of community benefits and sustainability-related outcomes; recognising the vital role that local businesses, communities and partners play in both supporting and benefitting from the service that we provide.
Our commitment is to:
- Enhance employment & training – creating bespoke training and upskilling opportunities across all of Scotland
- Support communities with tailored approaches that suit their needs – operating across 32 regions prioritising the most vulnerable homes
- Work together with key partners and our supply chain – building a network of trusted organisations that can support one another
- Deliver real added value – for example launching hardship funds, finding placements for and mentoring young people, ensuring wrap around support and signposting are in place
- Co-ordinate our approach to managing and maximising benefits – using a transparent system that reports what we actually do and deliver
What we’ve achieved since 2015:
Delivered almost 2,000 new training opportunities in communities across Scotland, from Kirkwall to Gretna
Created almost 600 new jobs; allowing local businesses to grow, with proven benefits to local economies
Developed over 130 apprenticeships; enabling and shaping a workforce to ensure the legacy of the schemes we deliver can benefit local communities for years to come
Implemented around 130 work placement opportunities; allowing individuals to increase their skill sets while pursuing their academic qualifications
Employed more than 10 graduates; ensuring that future talent is honed and developed within the industry
As part of our commitment to local communities, we have an environmental management system in place that will reduce our environmental impacts and promote sustainable development within our business. As an ISO:14001 accredited business, Warmworks aims to lead the way in demonstrating how businesses can become more environmentally conscious whilst continuing to set the bar high when it comes to delivering a high-quality, first-class service.